TOURISM IN CASSIS
Cassis, adorable bathing resort located at the foot of an impressive cliff in the PACA region in the Bouches du Rhone. The “Cap Canaille”, seduces by its picturesque port, its quays lined with cafés and restaurants, its old districts and its elegant 17th century town hall opening onto a shaded square where one likes to come and observe the bowling players. The road of the Ridges which connects Cassis to La Ciotat is impressive because it dominates the sea and offers an exceptional panorama, along the Soubeyranes cliffs. Linking Cassis to Marseille on nearly 20km of marked trails, the calanques are limestone cliffs that plunge into the Mediterranean. This 4,000 hectare site can be visited on foot or by boat.
During your holidays in Cassis, we recommend many tourist places to visit :
- Mediterranean Municipal Museum of Art and Popular Traditions of Cassis, on Place Baragnon, where you can admire a collection of paintings and exhibitions organized throughout the year.
- Calanques circuit by paths or by the sea, beaches, marina, scuba diving, hiking, cycling, climbing, Provençal markets.
- The vineyard of Cassis, which will delight campers who love wine. The vineyard extends over more than 200 hectares, bringing a unique charm to the city of Cassis. You can walk in the heart of this magnificent landscape, and even meet the Cassidain winegrowers who will be happy to help you discover their famous Cassis wine.
- Cassis beaches: The main beach of the Great Sea, Bestouan beach, Anse de l’Arène et du Corton, the natural beach Les Roches plates
You can visit the city of Cassis in several ways: on foot, by renting an electric bicycle at the tourist office of Cassis, by small train that will take you to the cove of Port-Miou…
To know about the city of Cassis
In summer, the forest areas of the city of Cassis are more exposed to fire risks. Also, to protect walkers and sites, access to the massif is sometimes restricted or closed, depending on weather conditions. Before following your ” walking desires “, call the 0811 20 13 13 Every day, you can find out if the site you want to walk to is open all day, open only in the morning or completely closed. All this information is also available on the website: www.bouches-du-rhone.pref.gouv.fr
Walk around Cassis
Hiking in Cassis :
- St Cyr-Marseille Range, discovery of the Barrasse departmental park
- Fontblanche castle : Sale and tasting of Cassis wines
- Ceyreste, hilly walk
- Roquefort la Bédoule, from Grand Counet to chapel St André
- Capaille Canaille : Cassis-La Ciotat, on the Soubeyran plateau
- Balade on Marcel Pagnol’s circuit
Bike ride in Cassis :
- Pays of Aubagne and the star : village circuit
Your camping holiday at the gates of Cassis
If you wish to stay in Cassis, Camping du Soleil, an outdoor establishment in Bouches du Rhone located in La Ciotat, very close to Cassis (13260) offers you various accommodations to spend a pleasant holiday at competitive prices. For purists as well as for holidaymakers looking for a certain comfort, you can choose to put your luggage in a classic camping pitch (camper van, caravan, tent) or choose a rental accommodation near Cassis from our range of mobil-homes and bungalows for rental.