TOURISM IN CIOTAT
At 20 minutes from Marseille and Toulon in the Bouches du Rhone, La Ciotat is a seaside resort that has remained authentic. The city is highlighted to the west by creeks, unique coves, the highest cliffs in Europe (394m), and an island, L’Île Verte, a few fathoms from the coast. To the east, it offers more than 6 km of sandy beaches.
To visit in La Ciotat
In addition to the many possible leisure activities in La Ciotat, this city is also full of several tourist sites to visit during your campsite caravaning holidays at Campsite du Soleil: historical monuments, museums, ports… The municipality of La Ciotat is certified ” Quality Tourism “, this label ensures you a warm welcome and adapted tourist information. Here is a selection of visits during your stay at the campsite in La Ciotat:
- The Calanques of Figuerolles, offer a unique panorama and a magnificent beach.
- La Calanque de mugel is an exceptional natural site in the massif du bec de l’aigle.
- Old Town Hall, dating from 1864
- Parish church of the 17th century
- The Ciotaden Museum (local and marine history), located at the entrance to the Old Port of La Ciotat
- The churches of blue and black penitents
- La chapelle ND de la Garde (1610)
- Provençal markets
On Tuesday and Sunday mornings, you can do some shopping at the La Ciotat market, located only a few minutes from the campsite.